Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive tackle Vita Vea and the team have reached an agreement on a one-year contract extension, ending his hold-in. The deal guarantees Vea $30 million.
Two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Vita Vea and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers agreed to a one-year extension on Wednesday, sources told ESPN. The agreement guarantees Vea $30 million, resolving a recent hold-in where he had been absent from team activities while seeking a new contract.
The terms of the extension provide financial security for Vea, a key player on the Buccaneers' defensive line. The hold-in had been a point of contention, as Vea sought to secure a long-term deal commensurate with his performance and value to the team.
Sources told ESPN that the one-year extension was reached after negotiations between Vea’s representatives and the Buccaneers’ front office. The resolution ensures that Vea will be on the field for the start of the season, bolstering the team’s defensive capabilities.
We don't rate truth. We strip the spin and show you which perspectives covered the story. You decide.
Read the original coverage
💬 Comments
📜 Comment Policy